Friday, August 8, 2008

Days 6 & 7

Yesterday I spent the day running around, so it was hard to stick to the eating every 3 hour plan. I had breakfast, a few sips of soda - then nothing till the afternoon, which ending up serving as my dinner. I had a 6 inch roast beef sub and small drink, then later I snacked on some grapes. I felt so guilty for straying, I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I didn't want to over do it as my knee still swells up if I spend too much time walking around.

When I got up this morning my upper knee was a little sore. I continued the plan with yogurt, cheese, more grapes, and tuna for lunch - but I'm so tired of fish and veggies, so I had Ruben pick up some salads and wraps from The Italian Pie. I only had a salad, though I did splurge on a piece of peanut butter pie. I figured it okay since I did total a loss of 4 lbs for the week. Pretty good start. I was up to 6, but I knew sooner or later the water I've been drinking would kick in. I figure that I'll just spend some more time walking or trade my 1 soda allowance for that splurge. I tried diet soda yesterday in hopes of having an alternative, but I could taste the aspartame in it. I'm wondering how Coke Zero differs from regular Diet Coke. I wish I could make the switch, but that bitter after taste is just horrid to me!

I did notice yesterday that it seems as though my pain meds make me feel or think that I am hungry. So what do I do, suffer the pain so I don't eat or take the medication so I can walk on the treadmill?

No comments: